Swan Pit Pet Crematorium investigated for fraud
An investigation has been launched into a pet crematorium amid claims owners were given ashes from other animals while their dead pets were stored in a freezer.
Enforcement officers from Staffordshire County Council visited Swan Pit Crematorium after complaints that customers had paid to have their pets cremated but had not received the ashes.
The authority has confirmed it has launched a probe into the business in Gnosall.
Anyone who has used the crematorium in the last few months is asked to contact Staffordshire County Council’s Animal Health team on 01785 277875.
Articles relating to the Swan Pit Pet Crematorium Investigation:
- Mirror – Woman thought ashes were cat Boy George – but they were remains of a HORSE
- Shropshire Star – Shropshire woman’s heartbreak over pet crematorium ashes mix-up
- Express & Star – Staffordshire pet crematorium investigated after claims owners given wrong ashes
Essential information on choosing the right Pet Cremation Service:
- Why shouldn’t I just use the pet crematorium that my vet suggests?
- What is Individual Pet Cremation?
- What is Communal Pet Cremation?
- Which Pet Crematorium should I use?
- How to choose a pet crematorium?
- How do I know my pet will be cremated in a chamber on its own and will I get the correct ashes?
- What is considered good practice for an individual cremation?
- What questions should I ask Pet Crematorium?
- How long will it take before my pet is cremated and their ashes are returned?
- How much will my vet stand to make from arranging the cremation for me?
- what are the alternatives to cremation?
- Contact Us